Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Metallic



The below ground artist studio and space was created for Fiona Hall. It was inspired by the use of metal in her artwork to make something organic out of old tin sardine cans. When I was drawing sections of the word metallic I kept coming back to and thinking of a sword being driven into the ground. And this is what I attempted to do with my space. As you can see I have taken that idea and expanded it. I decided that one "sword" wouldn't be enough area and it would appear too alone. So I added three more "swords" although they are all different sizes. Then reflecting on the actual space that the artist would have to create pieces I needed to add another space in the back that linked into the exhibition space. This was adding a more practical approach to the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment