Sunday, March 8, 2009

Personal Pictures



Having graduated from high school in June 2006, which was nearly three years ago, and as well as moving across the world to come to university I honestly can say that I do not have any work that I had ever completed from high school. Although a knitted scarf is not "creative" as such, the creative part is my genius idea that it is the only thing I have made in high school. In fact, it was the first thing I had ever knitted in full, and without(or nearly) mistakes. Unfortunately it is more crafty than creative, but I am still immensly proud of it! Hope you overlook that 'small' interpretation.




The building to the right is a unique piece of architecture is many ways. Firstly it is entirely made of a truly renewable resource in that every winter it is made completly of snow and every spring the snow melts and the whole process of building it starts again. Also, the outside doesn't look to remarkable in the pictures but the inside is almost entirely made of ice as well, even including the beds. Then of course there is the fact that it is made of ice, you can't really overlook that fact too much, as it is literally a igloo hotel. This is the hotel de glace in Quebec, Canada, and the link to see some inside pictures (which I highly recommend they are gorgeous) is http://www.icehotel-canada.com/ .

My original picture is from a place 30 minutes from my hometown called the Carberry Sandhills. A few friends and myself had gone hiking after dinner there one night and just exited out of slightly forested area onto a set of huge sand dunes just at twilight. The sunset that night was just so beautiful that we had to stop and watch it go down before we could continue hiking. This is just one of the amazing pictures that we took of it that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment